A good immune system is the ‘anti-virus’ defence against any disease. Forget about pumping your immune system with pills, we take the age-old way to boost immunity: Ayurveda. We list out natural herbs and home remedies that can build immunity.
Causes of Reduced Immunity
- Metabolic disorder
- Poor diet
Symptoms of Reduced Immunity
- You get tired easily and fatigue kicks in too.
- Dark circles start to appear, you can slip into depression and start experiencing insomnia.
- You tend to catch cold and cough quickly, and other infections too.
Treatments of Reduced Immunity
- Neem: These leaves are beneficial to cure skin problems. Neem tea improves indigestion and constipation; and neem can reduce acidity as well.
- Amla: Lowers cholesterol, controls blood sugar in diabetes, improves blood circulation, improves digestion and alleviates constipation.
- Turmeric: New research around turmeric constantly increases the importance of this herb. Turmeric is believed to reduce arthritis, asthma, colds, cancer, diabetes and inflammation.
- Ginger: Besides building immunity, ginger is beneficial for absorbing nutrients in the body, opening sinus, reducing inflammation and chest congestion.
- Aswagandha: Besides improving your immunity, aswagandha is beneficial for revitalising energy levels, and slowing the aging process. Make a powder of the root and add three to four grams to milk.
- Giloy – Tinospora Cordifolia: To giloy juice, add neem and amla for skin problems. Giloy is effective in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Mulethi – Liquorice: Mulethi is a great herb to rejuvenate your body. Prepare a mixture of powdered mulethi root and add honey and ghee to it.
- Tulsi – Holy Basil: The leaves of the holy basil plant are instrumental for coughs, sore throats, mouth infection, skin problems, headaches and boosting immunity.