Cervical Spondylosis is also known as cervical osteoarthritis or cervical Spondylosis. It generally affects the men and women older than 35 and progresses with age. People with less bone density or low calcium diet are prone to this condition. Cervical Spondylosis is ageing related degenerative osteoarthritis of the neck vertebrae. Cervical Spondylosis is a chronic degeneration of the neck bones but also the cushions or the inter vertebral discs are also involved.
Mild cases of cervical Spondylosis often require no treatment or may respond to conservative treatment, including wearing a neck brace and taking home remedies for cervical Spondylosis. More severe cases of cervical Spondylosis, however, particularly those involving pressure on the spinal nerves or cord, may require treatment ranging from neck traction to stronger medications to surgery.
Causes of SpondilosysAgeing is the chief factor for Cervical Spondylosis. With growing age, the discs of your spine become drier and less elastic. According to Ayurvedic principles of healing, the dryness and inelasticity can be checked by using ghrit- medicated butter oil or cow’s ghee in moderation.
The degeneration can cause some of the discs to bulge out and can cause the central cartilage of the discs to protrude through a crack in the ring that surrounds the disc (herniate). The surrounding ligaments become less flexible, and the vertebrae may develop bone spurs.
These degenerative changes may be a result of wear and tear throughout your life. An earlier injury to neck may predispose you to this degeneration. By age 50, most people will show signs of cervical Spondylosis on X-ray, although they may not have signs or symptoms.
Cervical Spondylosis is degenerative disease of the bones and discs in the neck, which can lead to a variety of problems, including herniated discs.
Symptoms of SpondilosysStiffness and neck pain that gets progressively worse with time may be an indication of cervical Spondylosis. The pain may range from mild to severe and debilitating. The condition may last for several months before improving, or it may become chronic.
Other signs and symptoms may include:
- Neck pain that radiates to the shoulders and arms
- Numbness or tingling sensation or weakness in the arms, hands and fingers
- Headaches that radiate to the back of the head
- Loss of balance, vertigo
- Numbness or weakness in the legs, if lumbar vertebrae are involved and if the spinal cord is compressed
- Loss of bladder or bowel control, if the lumbar vertebrae are involved and if the spinal cord is compressed
Treatment of SpondilosysHome Remedies For Cervical Spondylosis:
- Use Cow’s ghee in your food. It is a best natural “Vata” reliever and gives nourishment to the nerves and other body parts.
- 1 tablespoonful of Turmeric should be consumed once everyday, after boiling it in milk for half an hour. It is a very useful herbal treatment for cervical Spondylosis.
- Constipation must be avoided at all costs. Constipation may increase pain in Cervical Spondylosis.
- Herbs have divine healing powers and they have the ability to cure any disease from the root. They were gifted to us by God when he created life. So believe in God if you want to get rid of your problems !
- Ayurvedic herbs are unique natural remedies for Cervical Spondylosis. Ayurvedic principles are different in many ways from modern medicine for example – Drinking water from a copper pan after keeping it overnight is also very useful in Rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylosis.
- Consuming castor oil at night with milk or alone is a very useful herbal remedy for arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylosis.
- Improve your nutrition as first step.It plays important role to fight diseases. When nothing works, nutrition works a lot !
- Use herbal juices like Aloe vera juice (Kumari Saar) and Amla Juice (Amla Saar) in routine. Amla is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the natural immunity of the body. 100 gm of Amla juice contains 30 times more vitamin C than 100 gm of oranges.